Families are a very important part of our festival community, so much so that we have a dedicated family area for parents and children to enjoy together.
The emphasis each year is firmly on participation and creativity. Kids get the opportunity to partake in a diverse range of activities and workshops. Whether it be drumming, dancing, foraging, circus skills, or lego bricks, there is something to ignite the imaginations of all who are lucky enough to attend.
The full Family Zone schedule will be published in the coming months.
TOP TIPS FOR FAMILIES
- You are welcome to bring pushchairs and buggies but please be aware an all-terrain one is recommended.
- Loud music can be harmful to the ears so make sure your children have proper ear protection if you plan on visiting any of our stages throughout the Festival.
- Take a photo of your child every day in case you are separated. You can then show a safety volunteer what your child looks like and what they’re wearing that day.
- Show your kids what stewards look like in their hi-vis and tell them to present themselves to the nearest one if they get lost.
- You will be provided with a paper wristband for your child onto which you must write your mobile number. Our volunteers will use this to contact you in case of separation.
- Wearing battery powered fairy lights is a great idea to help not to lose little ones at night time (and it looks great!)
- Be prepared for all weather eventualities! It’s the west of Ireland so we can have blazing sunshine and torrential rain all in the same day! Make sure to pack those little wellies and waterproofs as well as sun cream and floppy hats.